Chia Seeds, Organic (250gm)
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Highly Nutritious Organic Chia Seeds Loaded with Antioxidants, Omega 3 & Fibre
These premium chia seeds by Grass Roots are vegan friendly, gluten-free and 100% natural, packed with omega 3, fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals. A single tablespoon provides 3g of omega 3 ALA and 6g of dietary fibre, along with a range of other essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. An ancient superfood, chia seeds are also loaded with antioxidants that help to fight off cell-damaging free radicals.
- Made with premium, 100% natural chia seeds
- Loaded with fibre, protein and omega 3
- An excellent source of antioxidants
- A great source of nutrition for vegan diets
- Absolutely no artificial flavours or preservatives
- Vegan, gluten-free and great for keto diets
Chia seeds also contain vitamins A, B12 and C, complete protein (18 Amino Acids), potassium, phosphorous, folate, zinc, iron, and calcium as well as bowel-regulating soluble and insoluble fibre.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are very low in sodium and due to their high antioxidant profile can be stored for years, unlike other seeds and grains. The gel-forming soluble fibre properties in chia seeds allow for slow digestion and sustain balanced blood sugar levels in a healthy manner.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Chia seeds are rich in polyunsaturated fats, especially omega-3 fatty acids that can help reduce inflammation, enhance cognitive performance and reduce high cholesterol.
- Fibre: Chia seeds are an excellent source of fibre, with a whopping 10 grams in only 2 tablespoons. Fibre is associated with reducing inflammation, lowering cholesterol and regulating bowel function.
- Antioxidants: Chia seeds are rich in antioxidants that help protect the body from free radicals, ageing and cancer. The high antioxidant profile also helps them have a long shelf life. They last almost two years without refrigeration.
- Minerals: Two tablespoons of chia seeds contain 18% of the DRI for calcium, 35% for phosphorus, 24% for magnesium and about 50% for manganese. These nutrients help you prevent hypertension and maintain a healthy weight, and are important for energy metabolism and a part of DNA synthesis.
- Blood Sugar Regulation: Chia seeds can play an important role in regulating insulin levels. They can reduce insulin resistance and decrease abnormally high levels of insulin in the blood.
Stay full, for longer!
Satiety is the feeling of being full and satisfied, which helps lower food cravings between meals. The combination of protein, fibre and the gelling action of chia seeds when mixed with liquids all contribute to their satiating effects.
Suggested Uses: Sprinkle on salads, muesli, oatmeal, stir-fries, smoothies, muffin or bread batter, or cereal.
Adding product to your cart