Want something sweet, comforting, nostalgic, healthy AND delicious? Enjoy Rory's mum's Apple Crumble Recipe.
It's vegan and paleo friendly as there's no grains, gluten, dairy or eggs and it's of course made 100% with whole foods.
- 4 Large Apples (Green is best)
- 2 TBS Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (or ghee)
- 1/2 Cups Almond Meal
- 1/3 Cup Dried Shredded Coconut (or coconut flour)
- 2 TBS Cinnamon Powder
- 5 TBS Maple Syrup
- Small handful nuts such as pecans, walnuts
- As much COYO Coconut Ice Cream as you like
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the apple pieces and cook until semi soft.
- In a small pan or skillet over low heat, heat the coconut oil/ghee. Add the almond meal, nuts, coconut, cinnamon and 2 TBS maple syrup and toast the mixture. Set aside until ready to combine.
- Drain the water from the apple pieces and add the remaining 3 TBS maple syrup to the pot. Stir while cooking the apples over medium low heat until the apples are soft, then remove from heat.
- In an oven-proof dish, combine the apples with the toasted nut mixture and bake for 10 mins max. You can either layer the apples first on the bottom with the crumble on top, or mix it together - it's up to you.
- Serve with your favourite COYO coconut ice cream flavour and edible flowers and enjoy!
Try adding frozen blueberries to the apple crumble mixture for an apple blueberry crumble!