Have you tried Spaghetti Squash? This versatile vegetable and packed with goodness and makes the best gluten-free noodles. It's really easy to cook and you can use it anywhere you would normal noodles, or... make muffins!
These tasty morsels are the perfect, veggie-filled addition to school lunch boxes.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small carrot, ﬁnely grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1tbsp dried oregano
- 500g beef, lamb or turkey mince
- 400g crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 4 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 180’C. Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cut side of the spaghetti squash and season with salt and pepper. Place spaghetti squash cut side down and prick several holes in the outer skin with a fork.
- Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes or until tender and strands come away easy. Once cooked, remove from heat, turn over and use a fork to pull strands from the squash. Set aside.
- In a large, deep frying pan heat extra virgin olive oil. Add beef, lamb or turkey. Cook until browned and use a spatula to break up mince. Use a spoon to discard any excess fat from cooking. Set aside.
- In the frying pan add a touch extra olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add tomato paste, carrot and zucchini and sauté until soft.
- Add beef to vegetable mix with crushed tomatoes. Simmer for 10-15 minutes to enhance ﬂavours. Pre-heat oven to 180’C.
- Add spaghetti squash to a large mixing bowl. Add 2 whisked eggs and combine. Spoon mixture into an oiled mufﬁn tray.
- To the mixing bowl add mince mixture and combine with 2 whisked eggs.
- Spoon mixture onto of spaghetti squash and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until egg is cooked through and golden on top.
About the author:
Passionate about inspiring you to live a healthy and happy life, Nutritionist, Naturopath and Mum Casey-Lee Lyons shares recipes that nourish your body from the inside out. Her healthy recipes are made with whole food ingredients, free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
She shares easy-to-understand nutrition advice to re-energise your body and healthy lifestyle inspiration to help you embrace your best life.
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au or follow Live Love Nourish on social media: Instagram @livelovenourishaus, Facebook @livelovenourish.