Why Beeswax Candles are Better for You and the PlanetLike most things, not all candles are created equal! Make a non-toxic choice for your family and enjoy the benefits of pure Beeswax Candles.
Candles are a lovely way to add ambiance to your home. Imagine coming home after a busy day and relaxing on the couch or in the bath with a beautiful flame offering you a soft light after a hard day under fluorescent lights. With the soft smell of beeswax lingering in the air, it's a perfect way to unwind.
Not all candles are made from natural materials and can often do more harm than good. Let's explore why beeswax candles are a better choice.
- Beeswax is natural, non toxic - made from bees!
- Beeswax candles produce negative ions when burned which means they help neutralise pollutants in the air. Which means better breathing for you and your household easing symptoms of allergies and asthma and helping eliminate dust, odours and mould in the environment.
- Beeswax candles burn clean with very little smoke. They have a high melting point which results in a longer burn time and are naturally dripless when used correctly. This avoids the risk of burns and other injuries from candles.
- They smell great as they are naturally scented by the honey and floral nectar in the honeycomb unlike other candles which may contain artificial dyes and synthetic fragrances (you don't want to breathe those in!)
- They are a great tool to help you relax and unwind from a busy day. Try a candle gazing meditation by staring at the flames and clearing your mind.
Check out the Beeswax Candles we've recently added to our store here. Hand poured in Brisbane by a small family business, Gypsy & Twine candles are made from pure beeswax and a small amount of organic coconut oil. The wicks are eco friendly, made from natural fibre cotton or wood. Every candle they make is carefully hand poured with the upmost care and perfection - bringing beautifully handcrafted creations from their home to yours.