Cassava Flour PancakesDelicious, nourishing, gluten-free, sugar-free pancakes your whole family will love!
We can't go past pancakes for breakfast in my house. We love them loaded with fresh berries, papaya and almond butter or tahini sauce.
These gluten-free pancakes are so easy to make and they never fall apart! Cassava flour is made from a root vegetable so these pancakes are actually loaded with goodness. You can easily make them dairy-free by using coconut oil instead of ghee, or vegan by replacing eggs with a chia eggs.
- 1-2 bananas (depending on how sweet you like them)
- 2 pastured e ggs
- 1-1.25 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1.25 cups cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons hulled tahini
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mash banana and whisk eggs in a bowl. Add coconut milk, cooled ghee/coconut oil and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and whisk to smooth consistency. If it feels too thick, add a little more coconut milk (but the batter should be reasonably thick).
- Fry pancakes in coconut oil or ghee.
- To make tahini sauce - mix tahini and coconut oil over low heat until combined. Remove from heat and stir in honey.
- Serve pancakes with tahini sauce or almond butter, fresh berries/papaya and/or macadamias.