Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip CookiesTry this simple, delicious recipe made with wholesome Cassava Flour!
Made with cassava flour, these naturally gluten free and nut free cookies are the perfect treat. To make these grain free, cassava flour has been used in place of regular wheat flour and to make these dairy free coconut oil has been used in place of butter. Sweetened naturally with maple syrup.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
1/2 cup cassava flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
Pinch sea salt
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup soft coconut oil*
1 egg yolk, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate, sugar free, chopped
- Pre heat oven to 170’C.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine maple syrup, coconut oil (*soft, not melted), egg yolk and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Stir through chocolate.
- Shape tablespoon portions of cookie dough into rounds and press down lightly into shape on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
* This recipe uses soft coconut oil. If your coconut oil is solid and firm, slightly warm to soften (but not liquify). If your coconut oil is liquid place in the refrigerator until soft and butter like.
* ** These cookies will be perfectly soft once cooled. For a firmer consistency store cooked cookies in refrigerator.
About the author:
Passionate about inspiring you to live a healthy and happy life, Nutritionist, Naturopath and Mum Casey-Lee Lyons shares recipes that nourish your body from the inside out. Her healthy recipes are made with whole food ingredients, free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
She shares easy-to-understand nutrition advice to re-energise your body and healthy lifestyle inspiration to help you embrace your best life.
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au or follow Live Love Nourish on social media: Instagram @livelovenourishaus, Facebook @livelovenourish.