Gluten-Free Asparagus & Goats Cheese Tart
What's the definition of an Asparagus? A bean with aspirations of being a paintbrush!
We do crack ourselves up with Asparagus jokes this time of year but in all seriousness, if you like this skinny green vegetable spring is the time to enjoy it! If you find it in supermarkets at other times of the year - it's imported and likely sprayed with a tonne of chemicals. Choose wisely!
Here's a great little recipe Trev created for us using Asparagus and Primal Alternative's amazing Life-Changing, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free Pastry.
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- Handful of chopped Kale or Silverbeet
- Red Onion chopped in quarters
- 120grams Goats Cheese
- Chopped herbs of your choice
- Lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 100 ml of coconut cream or thick cream
- Salt and pepper
- I serve of Primal Alternative Life Changing Pastry
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Roll out pastry to fit in your greased tin or make mini tarts in a greased muffin tin. Blind bake the pastry for 10 min.
- While baking pastry put asparagus and onions on a tray, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 5-10min.
- Once pastry is part cooked add in cooked asparagus, onions and kale.
- Whisk together eggs, cream and lemon zest, season and pour over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle with herbs and goats cheese.
- Bake tart for 10-15min until it is bubbling and nice and golden. Check centre of tart to see if it’s cooked by sticking in a skewer or knife, it should come out clean. Leave to cool slightly before cutting.