Gluten-Free Berry CakeLooking for something to feed those hungry little bellies? This super simple recipe is sure to please and a great one to make with the kids.
Looking for something to feed those hungry little bellies? This super simple recipe is sure to please and a great one to make with the kids.
Do your kids know how to cook? There's no better way to foster a good relationship with food, and give them some very important life skills, than by getting their hands dirty in the kitchen with you! Sure, it can get messy and you have to bring a bucket load of patience but it's worthwhile investment that will be sure to pay off (just picture yourself being served a beautiful meal at your own dinner table!).
Cooking is also a great opportunity to teach your kids about healthy ingredients - why do we choose organic ingredients? Why do we choose gluten-free? What's so great about berries? These are all great things to teach them and will equip them with the skills and knowledge to make healthy choices.
This recipe was originally created by Charlene Cassie, our Primalista from Primal Alternative.
Gluten-Free Berry Cake
- 1 packet of Primal Alternative Pancake/Waffle Mix (made with almond meal, tapioca and salt)
- 2 cups of berries (I used Wild Blueberries and Raspberries)
1 cup of nut mylk
3 pastured, free range eggs
1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a slice or loaf tin.
- Mix together all ingredients then gently add in the berries.
- Pour into your tin and bake for about 25 minutes.