Sweet potato quicheA simple, healthy, delicious recipe that's great for using up leftover vegetables!
Recipe by Naturopath Jenny Allwell from Allwell Natural Healing.
This is a great little dish we eat regularly and I have found it great for using up vegetables that are a few days old and not as crisp anymore. It is simple to make and can be different every time depending on the ingredients you have available and your taste and food restrictions. It also makes great leftovers.
- Lightly oil your pie plate with coconut or olive oil
- Peel and thinly slice a large sweet potato and line your pie plate.
- Drizzle a small amount of your oil over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes.
- Finely chop about two cups of your vegetables e.g. onion, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, carrot.
- Saute these in a pan with a small amount of your oil until slightly soft.
- Tear up a couple of large spinach leaves
- Whisk 5 eggs in a bowl and season to your taste e.g. salt, pepper, turmeric, curry
Remove pie from oven – pour in your vegetables, top with the torn spinach leaves and then pour over your egg mixture.
Top with parmesan cheese, dukka or I use ‘Pimp my salad’ hemp cheese
Place back in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly brown on top and feels firm.
Rest for 10 minutes, slice and enjoy!