Thai Inspired Chicken Soup
Recipe by Nutritional Therapy Practitioner Leah Williamson from Nourishing Conversations.
This soup is very nourishing as it starts out with a Basic Chicken Broth and then the delicate Thai herbs are infused in the Broth with Coconut Cream to give it a smooth, creamy taste. You can poach chicken pieces in the both if you would like to add more protein to the soup. The best thing about this recipe you can add more herbs or add less to your taste. For example if you like less garlic add less or if you like more lime flavour add more Kafir Lime leaves. You can also add more vegetables like Asian Greens, Mushrooms and Onions.
- 1 L Chicken Broth
- 1 Lemongrass stalk chopped
- 2-4 Garlic cloves chopped
- 2 Turmeric pieces chopped
- 2 cm Ginger chopped
- 2 cm Galangal chopped
- 2-4 leaves of Kaffir Lime leaves
- Bunch of Coriander
- 1-2 cans Coconut Milk
- 1 squeeze of Lime juice
- 1-2 tbs Coconut Aminos Fysh Sauce or good quality Fish Sauce
- 1-2 red chilies chopped
Stove Top Process
- Place all the herbs into the Broth and simmer for at least half an hour for the flavours to infuse. Sometimes I do this step when I am making the Broth.
- Drain the herbs from the broth and discard.
- Add the Coconut Cream and warm
- Just before serving add fresh lime, Fysh sauce and some fresh coriander.