This week we have Extra Large Avos on special!
And to celebrate, why not share 10 of our favourite ways to eat Avocado?
Before we dive into that though...
Here are just some of the health benefits that the humble little avocado boasts:
- It's high in good mono-unsaturated fats, which is good news for brain, heart and skin health
- The nutrients in avocado (such as folate and potassium, antioxidants and good fats) are super beneficial for pregnant and breast-feeding women.
- They contain more potassium than bananas
And of course, they are absolutely delicious.
Here are just 11 of the many different ways you can enjoy avo:
- Straight from the avo with a bit of salt, pepper, olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon or lime, maybe even some chilli flakes or fresh chives.
- Smashed on toast (of course) and also in sandwiches & toasted sandwiches - check our selection of breads here
- Guacamole - which can be eaten on its own, used as a dip, or smothered all over nachos
- Smeared over our Gluten Free Low Carb/Paleo Bagels
- On top of loaded fries (like nachos, but on fries)
- As a vegan 'butter' or replacement for butter
- In a smoothie - throw a bit in to make it extra smooth and creamy
- Raw Desserts! Yep! Mix a banana, an avocado, 2 tbs of cacao and 1 tbs of honey together until smooth... boom! You've got a chocolate avo mousse :)
- On salads - you can either put avo in as slices, or massage it into your salad for a 'creamy salad dressing' feel.
- In wraps, burritos, tacos, anything mexican
These are just some of the ways, but we know there are many many more!
Enjoy our avocados, and avo good day ;)