Cherry's Family Lasagna RecipeLove is making your family lasagna from scratch for dinner...
Surprisingly, all the ingredients for this recipe can be bought at Spray-Free except for the beef mince.
Love is making your family lasagna from scratch for dinner...
Cherry makes this recipe on the regular for her family, so she must really love them a lot! This is definitely something you want to take your time to cook on the weekend so allow yourself 1.5 - 2hours to make this so you can allow all the beautiful vegies to saute and therefore boost the flavour and nutrition of this family favourite.
Cherry’s Family Lasagna Recipe (serves her family of 6 😊)
1 tablespoon of ghee or oil
2 carrots, diced
3 celery sticks, diced,
5 garlic cloves, diced
2 red onions, diced
1 tablespoon of grated turmeric
1 tablespoon of grated ginger
2 zucchinis, diced
2 eggplants, diced
1kg of pumpkin, diced
1 punnet of baby spinach (120gm)
4 tomatoes (or 1-2 cans of diced tomatoes)
1kg of beef mince
Bottle of passata sauce
1-2 tablespoons of broth concentrate
3 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of spelt flour
2 cups of full cream milk (or your milk of choice)
4 cups of grated cheese
To make bolognaise sauce:
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
2. Sautee diced carrots, celery, garlic, onion, turmeric and ginger for 15 minutes or until browned.
3. Add diced zucchini, eggplant, pumpkin, baby spinach and tomatoes for another 15 minutes or until browned.
4. Add 1 kg of beef mince and cook until browned.
5. Add whole bottle of passata and salt to taste.
6. Then add 1 tablespoon of best of bone broth, concentrate.
To make white sauce (This can be done whilst making bolognaise sauce if you need to save time):
1. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat.
2. Add flour and mix/whisk constantly for a minute.
3. Start to add milk gradually, half a cup at a time, mixing/whisking well between each addition.
4. Then once lump free, turn heat up to medium high for 5-10 mins or until sauce thickens (should coat the back of a spoon).
To assemble lasagna:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Using a large rectangle baking dish, smear white sauce on the base, then cover with lasagna sheets (snapping sheets to fit).
3. Then spread over the bolognaise sauce, lasagna sheets to fit, white sauce and 1 cup of grated cheese.
4. Repeat for two more layers with the final layer using up the last of the sauces and grated cheese.
5. Cover Lasagna with foil and bake for 30 minutes until bubbling. Then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes until the cheese forms a delicious golden crust.
6. Allow it to stand for 5 – 10 minutes whilst making a salad to accompany this delicious meal and then serve and enjoy!
All the ingredients except for the beef mince can be purchased at Spray-Free Farmacy. Links to grocery items below;
Organic Passata: https://sprayfreefarmacy.com/products/passata-rustica-crushed-tomatoes-680gm?_pos=1&_psq=passata&_ss=e&_v=1.0)
Organic Lasagna Sheets: https://sprayfreefarmacy.com/products/pasta-wheat-lasagne-organic-200gm?_pos=1&_psq=lasagna%20sheets&_ss=e&_v=1.0)
Bone broth concentrate: https://sprayfreefarmacy.com/products/best-of-the-bone-broth-concentrate-organic-healing-mushroom-360gm?_pos=1&_sid=7a67fe81d&_ss=r
Spelt Flour: https://sprayfreefarmacy.com/products/flour-spelt-whole-stoneground-1kg?_pos=4&_psq=spelt%20&_ss=e&_v=1.0