How To Make Chia Seed PuddingTry this delicious chia pudding recipe!
While some fads in the health industry come and go, we are happy about the many different delicious trends that have turned into staples. Chia seed puddings is one of those health conscious concoctions that we still love to this day.
Chia seeds are a totally underrated superfood full of incredible nutrients and large quantities of good fats such as omega 3's. The downside of chia seeds is they don't taste like anything, but it's also the upside because you can put them in almost anything... Salads, smoothies, smoothie bowls, desserts, fruit salads, baking, breads, cakes, cookies, lunch and dinner, and as a vegan egg replacement.
One of our favourite ways to enjoy chia is through chia puddings. When you add liquid to these nutrient dense seeds, they expand, and can turn into a pudding-like creation. Add some fruit, natural sweetener, maybe some buckwheat groats or granola and voila! Brekky! Hence the discovery and popularity of chia puddings.
In this week's recipe we'll be sharing a delicious Mango Chia Pudding you can make 100% using ingredients we currently stock in our store!
Mango Chia Pudding Recipe
What you'll need:
- 2 mangoes
- 1 tsp lime, grated rind (and 1 1/2 tbs juice)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbs white chia seeds Optional:
- 2 tbs mint leaves (as garnish)
- 1 tbs honey
1. Put your chia seeds and juice into a small bowl. Stir to mix together and set aside for 10 or so mins or until it's thick.
2. Cut 1 mango cheek and set it aside for the topping.
3. Put the rest of the mango flesh into a blender or food processor with the lime rind & juice. Blend until smooth.
4. Add the chia to the mixture and pulse a few times until combined.
5. Serve in a small bowl or cup with a big mouth. Top with yoghurt, diced fresh mango and mint leaves. If it's not sweet enough you can add some honey!
This is just one of the many ways you can enjoy a chia pudding.
Variation: You can also mix it up and blend the chia with coconut milk instead of mango to make a white pudding... put a layer of the coconut chia pudding, then a layer of diced mango, then a layer of pudding, then another layer of mango. Swap up the mango for any fruits such as berries or banana.
Get creative and enjoy the benefits of chia!