Macadamia Scones with Raspberry Chia Jam and Macadamia creamTry this delicious recipe with macadamias and raspberries from our friend Casey-Lee at Live, Love, Nourish.
These delicious scones not only healthy and use minimal natural sugar (there’s 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup in the whole batch by the way) and are gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free AND egg free.
Slice open the slightly warm scone and spread with macadamia cream (dairy free) and raspberry chia jam (sugar free). YUM!
To make it easy you can purchase our amazing macadamia nuts that are biodynamic, grown without chemicals and GMO's. Our macadamia's come from Wodonga Park in the Blackbutt Ranges in South-East Queensland.
We sell frozen and fresh raspberries. Our frozen raspberries are Elgin Organic Berries and come in economical 1kg bags. Our fresh raspberries are grown locally using organic farming practices on a farm in Caboolture.
Prep: 30 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 55mins
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp ground flax seed + 4 Tbsp filtered water)
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder (aluminium free)
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, chilled in refrigerator until solid and cold)
- 1/2 cup whole macadamia nuts, chopped small
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp macadamia milk or almond milk
- 400 g canned coconut cream, chilled overnight in the refrigerator (Do not shake the can!)
- 3 tbsp macadamia nut butter
- Pre-heat oven to 200'C (400'F) fan-forced. Line a 6"x10" rectangle loaf tin with parchment paper, set aside.
- To make flax eggs; in a small mixing bowl, combine ground flax and water, mix well.
- Set aside to thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl add almond meal, tapioca, coconut flour, baking powder and salt, mix well to combine.
- Add in chilled and solid coconut oil.
- Using a fork or a pastry cutter, “mash” the coconut oil solids into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs/wet sand, approx. 3-5 minutes.
- Stir through chopped macadamias.
- Pour in maple syrup and add the thickened flax egg.
- Gradually pour in milk, a little at a time, mixing with a wooden spoon to form a soft dough. Continue adding the milk if more is needed to form the dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, use extra coconut flour for this step.
- Lightly knead dough to bring it together.
- Slightly pat and flatten dough out into a round - approx. 1”-1 1/2” in thickness.
- Using a 2 1/2” round cookie cutter, cut out rounds from the dough to form scones.
- Place scones into prepared tray, leaving no room between each scones, they should be slightly touching each other. Repeat with remaining dough, using up any excess cut offs.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden around the edges and slightly pale in the middle. Remove and cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Gently remove from tray and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely or serve warm.
- In a medium sized pot, add raspberries and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for approx. 10 minutes until fruit is broken down.
- Stir through chia seeds and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until jam begins to thicken.
- Stir through vanilla and remove from heat.
- Pour into a small bowl and refrigerate to thicken further.
- In a large mixing bowl, scoop out the solid part of the canned coconut cream, (do not shake the can)
- Using electric beaters, beat thick coconut cream for 1 minute.
- Add macadamia nut butter and beat for a further 1 minute or until thick and fluffy.
About the author:
Passionate about inspiring you to live a healthy and happy life, Nutritionist, Naturopath and Mum Casey-Lee Lyons shares recipes that nourish your body from the inside out. Her healthy recipes are made with whole food ingredients, free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
She shares easy-to-understand nutrition advice to re-energise your body and healthy lifestyle inspiration to help you embrace your best life.
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au or follow Live Love Nourish on social media: Instagram @livelovenourishaus, Facebook @livelovenourish.