Raw Chocolate Recipe with bonus recipe for Raw Snickers Easter EggsSuper quick raw chocolate recipe you can make and enjoy this Easter.
This should probably be called Temptress Apothecary Raw Chocolate Recipe as majority of the ingredients are made from Sarah's delightful range. The best thing is that it's super quick to make in just 3 easy steps. The longest part is waiting for the chocolate to set.
Then to make this next level, try your hand at making my raw snickers treats that are perfect to wow some loved ones or just yourself this Easter - recipe further below.
Let's start by making the dairy free, refined sugar free and vegan...
Raw Chocolate Recipe:
- 1 cup cacao butter, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (adjust more for extra sweetness)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
1. Melt cacao butter in a glass mixing bowl over a small saucepan with 1 inch water over medium heat.
2. Once melted remove the saucepan with the melted butter from the stove and add the maple syrup whisking it until it’s completely combined and there’s no separation.
3. Whisk or blend in cacao powder, vanilla extract and salt into the remaining cacao butter and maple syrup liquid.
If you're just wanting to stop at that and just make raw chocolate:
Line a tray with baking paper to make chocolate bark if you don't have silicone moulds. Otherwise pour the chocolate into your chosen moulds. Get creative and decorate to your taste with nuts/seeds/dried fruits/salt. Refrigerate. Or Freeze if you're impatient like me and enjoy when ready.
If you're looking to make a raw version of a snickers for a guilt free Easter treat, look no further than this bonus recipe I've added for you. My go to sweet treat no matter what time of year it is.
Raw Snickers Easter Eggs:
- Fresh Medjool Dates
- Peanut Butter (Can use almond or other nut butter of choice)
- Whole Pecans (any whole nut can be used)
- Raw chocolate (you made using above recipe or melt your favourite block)
- Sea salt and/or crushed nuts, to sprinkle on top
2. Place one pecan (or chosen nut) inside.
3. Fill remainder of the inside with peanut butter (or nut butter of choice). Option to shape these into an egg but they look pretty egg like without the trouble.
4. Then dip these into your raw chocolate you made and onto a lined tray. If you didn't make the chocolate. Feel welcome to melt your favourite block down to dip these into.
5. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt and/or nuts and set your treats in the fridge or freezer.
You can store either of these in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 weeks, or the freezer for 1-2 months. If you don't eat them all after making them.
The specific ingredients I used are listed below and can all be purchased from our store;
- Temptress Apothecary Cacao Butter Buttons
- Planet Organic Pure Maple Syrup
- Temptress Apothecary Raw Cacao Powder
- Temptress Apothecary Vanilla Extract
- Olsson's Pure, Cooking Sea Salt
- Mindful Foods, Activated and Organic Pecans (and Walnuts)
- The Almond Farmer, Almond Butter
- Medjool Dates
- Dr Superfoods, Antioxidant super berries
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do...