Trev's Prawn Spaghetti RecipeA delicious midweek meal you can make for a family of 4 in under 30 mins.
Trev is well known for making delicious meals and has a past life in hospitality. Using our new Woodland Valley Farm, Pasta 'Bah range, he recently whipped up a restaurant quality Prawn Pasta for Kristen, Geoff and Jenny in less than 30 minutes and shares the recipe with us below.
Trev's Prawn Spaghetti Recipe
300-500g of raw prawns peeled
Good glug of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
2 cloves of Garlic finely chopped
Packet of fresh Pasta’Bah Spaghetti
Jar of L’Abruzzese Tomato and Basil Sauce
Bunch of herbs and greens (I used basil, oregano, parsley and spinach roughly chopped)
Freshly Squeezed Lemon juice and zest
Optional (but encouraged) topping of grated Parmesan Cheese and Chilli Flakes
1. Get a large pot of water on to boil, add a good pinch of salt
2. Sauté Garlic in a frying pan on low heat with EVOO. Don’t colour, so cook for around just 1 minute.
3. Add Jar of Tomato and Basil sauce and simmer for 1-2min
4. Turn heat to high and bring sauce to a boil. Add prawns. Then turn the heat back down to low to simmer and stir for just 1-2minutes. Switch of heat.
5. Your pot of salted water should now be boiling, add in your fresh pasta and cook as per instructions. If cooking pasta from frozen add an extra 2 minutes.
6. Strain pasta but reserve a tablespoon or two of pasta water.
7. Add pasta straight into sauce with your reserved pasta water and toss.
8. Add herbs, greens, lemon juice and zest, toss to combine.
Your pasta is now ready to serve.
Option to grate over Parmesan cheese and add Chilli flakes if using.