Chocolate Cassava Flour CakeGluten-Free, Grain-Free, Paleo, Refined-Sugar Free, Real Food Goodness!
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Paleo, Refined-Sugar Free, Real Food Goodness!
I am loving Cassava Flour. Made from a real vegetable (cassava - much like sweet potato), it's packed with vitamins, nutrients and good carbohydrates. It's perfect for pancakes, cakes, pasta - anywhere you may have used wheat flour.
I made this super simple Chocolate Cake for my daughter's birthday on the weekend and it was a huge hit. So easy as well.
For the cake:
- 6 Medjool Dates
- 2 Pastured Eggs
- 1/2 cup Ghee or Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup Raw Honey
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/4 cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the icing:
- 1/4 cup Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 2 tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Grass-Fed Gelatin
- Preheat you oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a medium sized square or rectangle cake pan.
- Remove the seeds from the dates and chop in a food processor. Add all wet ingredients and blend. Fold in dry ingredients.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 25-35 minutes.
- To make the icing: mix all ingredients, except the gelatin, over low heat in a saucepan. Remove from the heat, add the gelatin and which until smooth and creamy.
- Allow to cool for about 30 minutes before covering with the icing.
- Top with Wild Blueberries, Raspberries and/or Strawberries.