Farmacy Weekly Report Week #3 2022Celebrating our biggest week ever + staff shortages, raspberries back and new Hampton Blue products.
Week #3 - deliveries from 20-22 January 2021 (order by midnight Tuesday)
Phew! What a week that was. Last week was officially our biggest week EVER! We sent out more than 800 orders of delicious fresh, spray-free groceries last week. We didn't even know we could do that!
We hired 3 new staff and brought in a few friends to help make it all happen!
This week is shaping up to be just as big and we will have to cap orders if it gets out of hand so please remember to get your order in as soon as possible. We will not be able to take late orders on Wednesday mornings - cut off is strictly Midnight Tuesday.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RETURN YOUR EMPTY BOXES! We had to buy so many of them last week. We hate buying new as there is already so much waste in this world. Please return yours and help us reduce the waste (and keep our prices low for you!).
🍎 PRODUCE UPDATE
New/back this week:
- Raspberries: spray-free from Caboolture
- Royal Gala Apples 1kg packs from Tassie
- Lettuce Mix bags new size: 100gm and 200gm bags now available
- Heirloom Eggplants from Laidley: lots of different shapes, sizes and colours
- Fancy and Cos Lettuce: torrential rain 6 weeks ago destroyed the seedlings. Hopefully more in 2 weeks.
- Cherries - hopefully back next week
- Blueberries - hopefully more next week
- Mizuna and several herbs
- Mushrooms - hard to come by at the moment
- Red onions (but we have brown and shallots)
Farmer Kel is working hard to keep a good supply of produce for us but she's up against a lot of challenges at the moment. Many farmers and/or their workers are isolating as they've been close contacts, as are lots of transport workers. Everyone is short staffed so it's hard to get everything picked and transported. This is also driving prices up across the board so you may notice a few increases. Thankfully they're not too significant for us yet.
Broccoli and Cauliflower are expensive at the moment because they're not in season in Queensland. We are sourcing certified organic ones from Victoria for you because we know many people do not want to go without these staples.
🛒 GROCERY UPDATE
New this week we have:
- Best of the Bone BBQ Sauces
- Hampton Blue Raspberry Vinegar
- Hampton Blue Blueberry Dessert Sauce
- Hampton Blue Blueberry Savoury Sauce
- Freeze dried Banana Bites: down from $3.90 to $3.40
- Local Honey: down from $16 to $14.50
- Oat Mylk: down from $5.25 to $4.50
- Beetroot: down from $7.50 to $4.50
- Jap Pumpkin: down from $5.50 to $4.50
Have fabulous week and stay healthy!