Farmacy Weekly Report Week #4 2022Lots of new grocery items, great specials and how we're weathering the big C...
Week #4 - deliveries from 27-29 January 2022 (order by midnight Tuesday)
It's shaping up to be another very busy week at the Farmacy! We feel very blessed that our service has experienced such surges in demand throughout all this covid craziness and that so many more people are prioritising buying local, organic food.
Several of our staff have had the dreaded "C" now so we're feeling a bit more solid within our team, hoping those that have had it can man the fort if the rest of us succumb to it at some point. We're also amassing a team of friends and awesome customers who can jump in to help at a moment's notice if need be - we want to ensure we can always get your fresh food out to you - it's never been more needed!
🍎 PRODUCE UPDATE
While our local food system is a lot more solid than the ugly industrialised one, we too have been feeling the pinch of current circumstances with some of our farmers, their workers or transport workers being unable to work recently due to being ill or in quarantine. Some produce has been hard to come by so you may have noticed many things sold out early or were unavailable last week.
This week is looking a lot more abundant although leafy greens are still problematic. They're hard to come by everywhere at the moment due to the hot, humid weather and so much rain.
Back this week we have all these staple goodies but all are in limited supply:
- Button Mushrooms
- Baby Cos
- Dragonfruit - fresh from Forestdale (it's a bit expensive at the moment but will get cheaper in the coming weeks as they are more readily available).
Get in quick for these!
Out this week:
- Blueberries (hopefully more soon)
🛒 GROCERY UPDATE
Several new items this week:
- Organic spice pouches: Turmeric, Cinnamon, Paprika, Coriander, Ginger, Black Pepper, Cumin
- 250gm tubs of Turmeric and Cinnamon Powder
- Toothbrushes: Natural Family Co Biodegradable ones (my fav)
- Pasta: Kamut, Spelt, Mungbean & Chickpea
- Raw Macadamias & Macadamia Meal
- Organic Wild Blueberry Powder (freeze-dried).
- Beetroot - Down from $5.50 to $4.50
- Grapes - Down from $8 to $6.50
- Jap Pumpkin - Down from $5.50 to $4.50
- Snow Peas - Down from $5 to $4
- Roma Tomatoes - Down from $8 to $5
- Round Tomatoes - Down from $8 to $5
Green Olives - Down from $6.50 to $5
Kalamata Olives - Down from $8.50 to $7
Happy online shopping!