Healthy Veggie Party Platter with Macadamia PestoKeep your guests feeling healthy with this whole food inspired veggie platter.
Keep your guests feeling healthy with this whole food inspired veggie platter.
- 3 cups (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Pinch salt
- 2 zucchinis, cut into sticks
- 2 capsicums, cut into large pieces
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
- 2 small cucumbers, sliced
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Macadamia nut halves
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- First make pesto. In a small blender or stab mixer with attachment, blend basil with half the amount of olive oil until ﬁnely chopped.
- Add lemon juice, macadamia nuts, garlic, salt and remainder of oil. Blend until smooth. Add a little more oil or a splash of water if needed. Adjust seasoning to liking. Set aside.
- Grill zucchini and capsicum.
- Blanch beans and carrots in water + 1 tbsp honey.
- Arrange your platter alternating with colours, textures and ﬂavours.
- Place sauerkraut and macadamias in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle pesto over grilled vegetables just before serving and serve remaining in a bowl.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
The above veggies and salad ingredients provide a variety of ﬂavour, colour and texture. You can use any ﬁnger food friendly vegetables or salad that’s in season. Use a combination of some cooked and some raw.
About the author:
Passionate about inspiring you to live a healthy and happy life, Nutritionist, Naturopath and Mum Casey-Lee Lyons shares recipes that nourish your body from the inside out. Her healthy recipes are made with whole food ingredients, free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
She shares easy-to-understand nutrition advice to re-energise your body and healthy lifestyle inspiration to help you embrace your best life.
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au or follow Live Love Nourish on social media: Instagram @livelovenourishaus, Facebook @livelovenourish.