Healthy Veggie Party Platter with Macadamia PestoKeep your guests feeling healthy with this whole food inspired veggie platter.
Recipe from Live, Love, Nourish
Keep your guests feeling healthy with this whole food inspired veggie platter.
- 3 cups (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Pinch salt
- 2 zucchinis, cut into sticks
- 2 capsicums, cut into large pieces
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
- 2 small cucumbers, sliced
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- Macadamia nut halves
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- First make pesto. In a small blender or stab mixer with attachment, blend basil with half the amount of olive oil until ﬁnely chopped.
- Add lemon juice, macadamia nuts, garlic, salt and remainder of oil. Blend until smooth. Add a little more oil or a splash of water if needed. Adjust seasoning to liking. Set aside.
- Grill zucchini and capsicum.
- Blanch beans and carrots in water + 1 tbsp honey.
- Arrange your platter alternating with colours, textures and ﬂavours.
- Place sauerkraut and macadamias in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle pesto over grilled vegetables just before serving and serve remaining in a bowl.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
The above veggies and salad ingredients provide a variety of ﬂavour, colour and texture. You can use any ﬁnger food friendly vegetables or salad that’s in season. Use a combination of some cooked and some raw.
About the author:
Passionate about inspiring you to live a healthy and happy life, Nutritionist, Naturopath and Mum Casey-Lee Lyons shares recipes that nourish your body from the inside out. Her healthy recipes are made with whole food ingredients, free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
She shares easy-to-understand nutrition advice to re-energise your body and healthy lifestyle inspiration to help you embrace your best life.
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au or follow Live Love Nourish on social media: Instagram @livelovenourishaus, Facebook @livelovenourish.