TUNA AND AVOCADO CUCUMBER TOPPERSThese simple, healthy and very quick toppers are great for no-fuss finger food and perfect for last minute guests.
These simple, healthy and very quick toppers are great for no-fuss finger food and perfect for last minute guests. The balance of protein and good fats from the tuna and avocado satisfy and together the flavours make the perfect savoury snack.
TUNA AND AVOCADO CUCUMBER TOPPERS
Makes: Approx 12
Prep: 10 minutes
- 150g Little Tuna Australian tuna, drained
- Flesh of 1/2 large creamy, ripe avocado, mashed
- 2 tbsp good quality mayonnaise or natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- Salt & cracked pepper
- 1 large cucumber, cut into rounds
- Small cherry tomatoes, halved
- Chives, finely chopped to garnish
- In a mixing bowl flake tuna and add avocado, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Mix through herbs and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Arrange rounds of cucumber on your serving platter.
- Spoon portions of the filling on cucumber. Top with a tomato and sprinkle with chives
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
About the author:
Passionate about inspiring you to live a healthy and happy life, Nutritionist, Naturopath and Mum Casey-Lee Lyons shares recipes that nourish your body from the inside out. Her healthy recipes are made with whole food ingredients, free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
She shares easy-to-understand nutrition advice to re-energise your body and healthy lifestyle inspiration to help you embrace your best life.
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au or follow Live Love Nourish on social media: Instagram @livelovenourishaus, Facebook @livelovenourish.