Quick Green Goddess SoupKeep the winter chills away with this nourishing, soul warming soup!
It's Windy EKKA Week here in Brisbane! Every year these cold winds come and remind us Queenslanders that it is actually winter in this country. There's nothing better to warm your bones and your soul then a delicious, hearty bowl of soup.
This soup is packed with vitamins and antioxidants to help keep you well while your body works hard to keep you warm.
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 2 litres of good quality vegetable stock (or use homemade)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 900 grams broccoli (approximately 2 heads), roughly chopped
- 100 grams spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup almond meal (or other seed or nut meal)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Sea salt (or seaweed flakes) and cracked black pepper
- Plain, unsweetened coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Place the stock in a large saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the peas and broccoli and cook for 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Add the spinach, almond meal, lemon rind and juice, parsley, mint, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute or until the spinach is wilted.
- Using a hand-held stick blender, carefully blend the soup until smooth.
- Divide between serving bowls and top with yoghurt and cracked pepper.